When employees are unhappy with management they are more likely to do the following:
- Have bad Customer Service skills
- Work slowly and unproductively.
- Steal merchandise, Money and or Supplies
- Pass on merchandise to friends with out paying.
- Not care when they see mistakes being made
- Will not learn and take on more responsibilities with out getting more Money.
- Call in sick a lot leaving more responsibilities on others, who in turn do the same.
- Complain about the Job to Friends, Family, Co-workers and Customers.
If you have a manager who sits in the office and barks out commands, then expect to be ripped off. If your have a manager who is patient and explains why and how a job is done, then expect good results.
Motivating a Team of Employees can be a little more complex than that. Lead by being a good example to your employees and they will follow in your footsteps.
Unmotivate a team to work by playing cards with them in the back room and expect to be fired soon!