Don't wait for the last minute to take advantage of the increase in customer volume during the fourth quarter Holiday sales.
Plan for fourth quarter sales now. Clean up your retail store. Add extra register lanes. Hire seasonal employees. Now is the time to increase seasonal selling merchandise displays. You don't want to miss out on any extra retail sales.
With the increase in customer flow, now is the time to clear out slow selling merchandise. Here are some tips to keep in mind.
- Clearance discontinued merchandise. Make sure it is visibly signed to attract customer attention. Use progressive markdowns to insure sell through of the the old to make room for new merchandise.
- Customer Service Training. Now is the time to reinforce the need for good customer service, both to increase sales and to decrease shoplifting.
- Raise your retail prices on your best selling items 2 - 5 %.
- Lower your retail prices on worst selling items with a high gross margin 5 - 10%. Sign with a new everyday low price sign.
- Plan ahead for sale promotions ,items people buy seasonally as well as everyday item. High margin items, fast selling mid margin items, and clearance items your over stocked with are best. Don't forget the sign!
- Plan your payroll needs based on last years sales, and this years planned promotions.
- Set up your seasonal floor plan. Moving non-seasonal items to back or off the sales floor and moving the fast movers, impulse and gift merchandise up front.
- Change window display to attract new customers.